As of 30 November 2021, you can request for your account to be renamed across all of our wikis.
To request a rename, please use Special:Contact to contact us using the subject line "Account rename request". Please include in the message what you'd like your account to be renamed to. Make sure you are logged in to the account when requesting a rename.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Users are renamed at the discretion of the system administrators.
- Renames are logged publicly on this wiki (metawiki) in this log.
- New usernames must be unique. We cannot rename you to an account that already exists.
- Your user page(s) and talk page(s) across all wikis will be moved to your new username. This may take some time.
- Links to your user page(s) and talk page(s) on a wiki will not be updated automatically, including if you have a custom signature. If required, you will need to update these yourself.
- You will not lose any contributions, and previous logs on all wikis will be attributed to your new username.
- After your account is renamed, you will be logged out of all of your sessions on all wikis and will need to login again.
- Your old username will become immediately available for users to sign up with.