Forum:Idea: delete voice-linked-accounts
We should delete the #voice-linked-accounts channel on the wiki Discord. Important reasons:
- It was originally a pandemic-era channel of people doing OSRS minigames and cryptic crosswords on an opt-in basis to avoid the riffraff, but those people moved to another server over a year ago. It was repurposed after Forum:Wiki/Discord account linking into something like #wiki-lounge but for voice. There is already a separate restricted voice channel for admins that gets used (although still infrequently).
- Despite being visible to 419 people, I'm not aware of anyone intentionally using voice-linked-accounts in the last year (and have verified nobody at all has used it in the last month).
- Channel bloat
- There is no history to preserve, since it's a voice channel.
- It basically makes wiki look weird.
- Bloated channels
Support as nominator 02:20, 27 July 2022 (UTC)~
Support - seems like a reasonable proposal, with no history to preserve, there's no need to archive.02:33, 27 July 2022 (UTC)
"There is no history to preserve, since it's a voice channel."
- There is nothing there. ʞooɔ 02:42, 27 July 2022 (UTC)
- Response - This appears to be the only item logged in the channel
Now that it's in the Forum Grove via this screenshot, the important history is retained. 02:43, 27 July 2022 (UTC)
Support - There's already multiple other voice rooms, this one fills no niche and has minor to no benefits. In the interest of bloat reduction I think it's warranted for it to be removed Shush (talk) 04:15, 27 July 2022 (UTC)
Support - man this guy really hates bloat07:36, 27 July 2022 (UTC)