Forum:Board Meeting - 2022-07-09

From Meta Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Forums: Index > Board Meeting - 2022-07-09

Our most recent board meeting of 2022 took place on 09 July over Discord Voice Chat. All 9 board members were in attendance, as well as 8 non-members who joined for the non-confidential portion of the meeting.

Meeting notes[edit source]

Notice and proxies[edit source]

9 out of 9 members, being at least 90% of all members, agreed in advance to waive the 14 day notification period for the announcement of the general meeting. Notice of the meeting was given on 2022-07-06 at https://meta.weirdgloop.org/w/Forum:Upcoming_board_meeting_July_2022. There were no proxies appointed for the purposes of the meeting.

Chairperson and quorum[edit source]

By virtue of being present and holding the Chairperson company role, Elessar2 was automatically selected as Chairperson of the meeting. The Chairperson noted that the meeting was quorate and accordingly opened the meeting.

Resolutions[edit source]

There were no resolutions to be passed.

Retrospective[edit source]

RSW[edit source]

  • Content updates.
    • 2 quests, 1 miniquest
    • Fletching and firemaking update
    • Elite dungeon 4
  • Wiki
    • Status effect pages
    • Drop log project getting rebooted
    • Cosmetic override page overhaul
    • OSWF in May. Very successful, 19 bonds paid out. Most popular task was transparencies, which is typically popular.
    • 7 new wikian titles given out.
  • RuneApps Model viewer has been released.
    • Current policy is that we do allow these images, but they should be tagged with a template. Ongoing policy discussion on how we should deal with images from the model viewer.
  • Board Game coverage.
    • Current consensus is probably to make a single page for all coverage of the board game.

OSW[edit source]

  • Update coverage.
    • Still using crowdsourcing to handle rates for new content like Giants' Foundry and Guardians of the Rift.
    • More consistent early cache access, not on every single update but before some large updates. Gives us more preparation time for drafting templates and pages so we can info dump once the update drops.
  • Wiki projects
    • Riblet/Fjara working on transcript project, some improvements on dialogue coverage.
    • Mobile darkmode and other CSS fixes.

Pt-Br[edit source]

  • Covering the new updates as we can.
  • Trying to keep up with the changes on RSW (templates, modules and general standards).
  • Project Tarefas dos Anciões (TdA) had minor reformulations.
  • Project Plano Espiritual is getting closer to its end (this project is a sub-project of TdA, that was very successful).
  • Idealization stage of the next sub-project of TdA.
    • Working on a badge system for user pages (in order to try to increase editor's engagement).
  • We managed to make broadcasts (from once to twice a week) in the BR worlds, calling people to edit the Wiki.
  • We are trying to increase the publicity on the Brazilian community Discord Server.
    • Using social media (unofficial Brazilian Community Instagram) in order to expand the number of visitors and editors at the PT-BR Wiki.
  • Categories were almost all manually placed on pages, which was not ideal, so we are also reformulating this system, getting closer to RSW standards, by automating the categories through templates and modules.
  • We've had only one new Wikian since the last meeting.

Tech update[edit source]

  • MediaWiki 1.37 to 1.38 update.
    • Handled entirely by Kitty. Only a few small CSS fixes but no regressions caused by this update.
    • Expect that 1.39 will be a bigger update in the coming months.
  • Generally good uptime.
  • Investigation of performance improvements.
    • Trying to move away from Semantic MediaWiki. Not a huge amount of progress or incentive, at least 6 months or more until progress is made here.
    • Cargo becoming increasingly less reliable.
  • Problems with undeleting files. Some issues with moving from disk to cloud storage where we did not migrate file hashes. There is a solution to add the right metadata to 600,000 pages. Can be automated but will take a few days of focused work.
  • Jayden investigating an article feedback system.
    • Collect feedback in a single location.
    • Unresolved questions in UX. Haven’t decided how a user will interact with a system to send the feedback on a page.

Community concerns[edit source]

  • Diesel: Any update on MediaWiki IP masking?
    • Cook: This is not yet in the implementation phase. Will probably be part of a future major MW upgrade, or as an extension. WG aims to follow the lead of WMF.
  • Riblet: What’s the outlook of OSWF on Old School?
    • Cook: In the past, getting bonds has been troublesome. But OSW hasn’t even asked for bonds in a year. The bottleneck is much more about getting good tasks together, rather than a funding concern.
    • Andrew: Not as much big new content (like a new skill). Hard to get tasks with the right balance of scope but easy for new editors. Hoping the new raid will be a good source of OSWF tasks.
  • Riblet: How is IE usage these days?
    • Cook: Usage has actually dropped completely to 0 in analytics. We should be safe to drop support entirely.

Previous action items[edit source]

  • Privacy policy - No update since last time.
  • Mp4 player extension - Unknown what the progress is on this, since we were previously blocked on 1.37 upgrade.
    • Cook: will ask the tech team what the status is on this extension. We will start testing this on Meta wiki.
    • Isobel: found it hard to find something free that recorded in sufficient quality for Mp4.
    • Gaz: OBS is probably usable for this.

Discussion[edit source]

Thanks to the community members who joined and to those who asked questions. Feel free to leave any feedback you have for the board here or in Discord at any time. Riblet15 (talk) 03:27, 21 July 2022 (UTC)