Forum:2020 wiki shirts
You may have noticed in the last board meeting report that we are planning to give away some wiki t-shirt merch this year to editors. Thanks to Iiii_I_I_I and Merds we have designs for the shirt:
We are planning to offer shirts to the top 200 editors by edit count across all Weird Gloop wikis via a talk page message. There will be a confidential submission form for editors to submit their shirt size/design preference and mailing address. The shirts will be bulk ordered by one of the board members and then mailed out to editors. We are also planning on running a meta mop up thread for anyone who does not fall within this category to request a shirt.
Please let us know if you have any feedback on this plan - otherwise expect to be able to be able to claim your 2020 wiki t-shirt soon!
Size charts[edit source]
- The 3 images above are tests that I did regarding size, position, colour/monochrome and how the site dealt with a transparent png. Cook said we could have different colours this year but I don't think anything was discussed regarding it. 01:15, 26 September 2020 (UTC)
- I think we're going to let people choose which one they want. It has no impact on overall cost either way. ʞooɔ 02:38, 26 September 2020 (UTC)
To clarify the process little bit: I'm expecting we're going to give out around 200 shirts. As a first approximation we're going to offer them to the 200 people with at least 200 edits in the last 12 months (it's not perfect, but it's better than alternative ways of doing this). I suspect we'll get around a 50% response rate, as not everyone wants to give out their address online. That top 200 editcount list includes (IMO) a shockingly high percentage of the active community, but even so, it will miss some people who don't make their impact by directly editing a lot, and will definitely miss some older folks who are still around. So the "mop-up thread" is meant for anyone who didn't hit that 200 edit barrier, and I suspect that anyone who takes the time to post there and isn't totally bad faith or unknown to us will make the cut. There'll probably be room to give them to outside community partners (some Jagex people, some helpful Reddit mods, RuneLite guys, etc). If we're a bit off from 200 in either direction it's not a huge deal.
On a design note, I think I would prefer to not have "the Wikian" emblazoned on the book. Connecting the shirt to the title has the potential to come off as a bit smarmy to outside observers (as if we're going around with a badge saying "I have this title!"), and it's a little bit weird for the OSRS people, who the reference will be mostly lost on. ʞooɔ 02:38, 26 September 2020 (UTC)
- What does the timeline look like for these shirts? Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 17:52, 28 September 2020 (UTC)
Question - What does top 200 editors mean? Is there a certain time period or is this for all time top 200 editors?22:38, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
Question - What's the current status of this? Have all orders been finalized? Processed? Do we have an estimated timeline before orders ship? Thanks --Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 14:09, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
- Currently we are waiting for them to be delivered so they can be repackaged and sent out to everyone. We will keep you updated. 16:51, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
Update - The shirts have been delivered! And assuming all goes well they should be shipping out to everyone next week.12:47, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- What's the update for this week? Did you have a chance to get the shirts all mailed out? :) --Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 02:41, 19 December 2020 (UTC)