Discord is a free text, voice, and video chat medium. The application can be used from within the web browser or downloaded, with the link for both being on the homepage of its website: discord.com. It is available for several operating systems, and can be accessed via a web-app on certain browsers, which can be seen in the table below.
To receive an invite to The RuneScape Wikis Discord server, simply follow this link: discord.gg/runescapewiki.
The server is open to all, and it can be used to discuss the game, the Wiki, or anything else. We're a laid-back community that tries not to take ourselves or anything too seriously, so come hang out with us!
- Discussion of activities that break the Rules of RuneScape/Code of Conduct is not permitted.
- Relevant wiki policies apply, such as:
- User treatment policy (UTP): be nice
- Don't feed the trolls (DFTT/TROLL)
- Gaming the system (GAME/GTS): don't play rules against each other to circumvent the spirit of them
- Status and opinion-weight (STATUS): your role or wiki status doesn't make your opinions any more or less valid
- Use common sense (UCS)
- All players who are using the chat are to be treated fairly and equally and are expected to abide by the chat rules, regardless of their role or status on the Wiki.
- Profanity is allowed in the chat; however, use of derogatory or discriminatory language and use of profanity in personal attacks targeted at other chat users is not acceptable. Additionally, you may be asked to stop if your use of profanity is excessive.
- No spamming or advertising.
- Players should keep conversations mature and cool-headed. Please be respectful of others when discussing controversial topics such as politics and religion and remember that the chat is made up of people from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Please keep discussion on topic for the channel that you are using. There is a list of channels and their usage below.
- If another user asks you to stop a discussion – e.g., because it is becoming offensive/inflammatory or making them uncomfortable – then please do so. Players may @ admin(s) or contact an admin via DM to ask them to intervene if they are uncomfortable with a discussion that is taking place in the chat.
Dealing with rule breakers
- Users who break the rules may be given one or more warnings at the discretion of an admin.
- Offending users may have their roles removed (if they have any), their ability to use text and/or voice chat in any/all channels removed, or may outright banned from the server temporarily or permanently, at the discretion of the administrators.
- More serious breaches of the rules or ignoring warnings may result in a user being kicked or banned from the chat.
- If you believe a user has behaved inappropriately without being punished, contact a clan admin, providing links to or screenshots of incidents if possible.
- Players who are banned are unable to rejoin the server. See here for a list of users who are currently banned from Discord.
- If you are currently banned and wish to appeal your ban, please see the instructions here.
Our Discord server supports linking your Discord account to your wiki account. This confers several benefits:
- You are given the
@wiki palsrole, which is coloured and displayed above non-linked accounts.
- You have access to the
- You are more easily notified of wiki-related goings-on.
Account linking is facilitated by
@Gaz Bot#8687, a bot run by
@gazlloyd (Gaz Lloyd). If you have any issues, feedback, or requests, please contact him.
Before beginning the process, make sure that:
- You are in the Wiki's Discord server
- You have an account on the Wiki
- You can accept direct messages
- Unfortunately, bots cannot accept friendship requests, so you will have to at least enable "Allow direct messages from server members" — this setting can be found under the Wiki Discord server's privacy settings, accessible by clicking the dropdown on the server title, or by right-clicking the icon in the sidebar. You can turn it back off once the linking process is completed.
- Begin the linking process by either:
- Using the `~link` command in a channel the bot can see (
- Clicking the appropriate reaction in
- Using the `~link` command in a channel the bot can see (
- The bot will DM you with a code.
- This code is 6 words randomly chosen from a list (plus the word
DiscordAccountLinking) and is unique to you.
- Don't share your code before the link process is complete.
- This code is 6 words randomly chosen from a list (plus the word
- Edit your user page on any of the Weird Gloop Wikis, putting the provided code in the edit summary exactly.
- Make sure that your edit actually triggers an entry in Special:RecentChanges (or the respective wiki's equivalent page) — making no changes and saving (a null edit) does not work. Adding a single linebreak or space somewhere in the middle of the page works.
- If you don't already have a user page, you can create one on any of your favourite Weird Gloop Wikis (or all of them!):
- Once the edit is complete, the bot will pick it up and verify your code. If done correctly, it will grant you the role and let you know it was successful.
- Account linking is 1:1. Each wiki account can be linked to one Discord ID, and each Discord ID can be linked to one wiki account.
- If you wish to unlink your account, change which account is linked, or otherwise want to undo the process, please contact Gaz. There are no commands to do this.
- If you link accounts, then leave the server (or otherwise lose the role), you can use the
~claimlinkrolecommand to have the role re-added to your account.
Channels may be renamed, added, or removed at any time. This list is accurate as of 11 August 2022 (UTC).
✅welcome- Welcome to the RuneScape Wikis! Serves as a directory; role self-assignment may also be performed in this channel.
📣announcements- This is an announcement channel. Important announcements relating to the RuneScape Wikis, as well as FAQs may be found here.
#wiki-rs- This channel serves as a hub to discuss changes to The RuneScape Wiki, especially the latest game update and documenting it.
#wiki-osrs- As above for the Old School RuneScape Wiki.
#wiki-pt-br- As above for the Brazilian Portuguese RuneScape Wiki.
#wiki-rsc- As above for the RuneScape Classic Wiki.
#meta-discussion- Open forum for discussion related to meta topics, such as policies and threads.
#general- Open forum for any type of discussion.
#rs- Open forum for discussion related to RuneScape.
#osrs- Open forum for discussion related to Old School RuneScape.
🔓#wiki-lounge- Channel open to folks that have linked their wiki account to their Discord.
#update-history- Open forum for discussion of the update history project.
#drop-logs- Open forum for discussion on Cook Me Plox's RuneMetrics project.
#cartographers- Open forum for discussion of Cook Me Plox's interactive map and path-finding project.
#social-feed- For discussing and managing the RuneScape Wiki's social feed.
#api-discussion- Open forum for discussion related to making API requests, expanding the API, and for all other API-related questions.
#rs3-scenery-pages- Open forum for discussion of Isobel's scenery project.
#rs3-image-uploaded- Open forum for discussion of Isobel's model viewer project.
#osrs-combat- Open forum for discussion of Cook me Plox's combat code project.
#recent-changes-rs- RuneScape Wiki bot reports RuneScape Wiki Recent Changes here.
#recent-changes-osrs- Old School RuneScape Wiki bot reports Old School RuneScape Wiki Recent Changes here.
#recent-changes-rsc- RSC Wiki bot reports RuneScape Classic Wiki Recent Changes here.
#recent-changes-pt-br- RuneScape Wiki but in pt-br bot reports Brazilian Portuguese Wiki Recent Changes here.
#recent-changes-meta- Meta Wiki bot reports Meta Wiki (this wiki) Recent Changes here.
#reddit-rs- reddit-rs automatically posts Reddit posts from r/runescape that contain mentions of the Wiki.
#reddit-osrs- reddit-osrs automatically posts Reddit posts from r/2007scape that contain mentions of the Wiki.
#bots- This channel is the only channel where RuneInfo and most other bots can speak. See section below for more.
- Off-topic (category is hidden by default)
Users wishing to access the off-topic section should self-enroll in the
#offtopic user group.
⚠️#off-topic- A channel for discussing just about anything. NSFW only for more sensitive discussions; no explicit content. Channel name is subject to frequent change.
#🇺🇦-геополітика- Ukraine/Geopolitics; a channel to discuss the ongoing war in Ukraine and other current geopolitical events. No memes.
#animals- Photos and discussion of pets and other animals.
#games- A place to talk about games outside of RuneScape.
#nature- Photos and discussion of the great outdoors.
#food- Photos and discussion of food and drink.
⚠️#memes- Memes. Channel name is subject to frequent change.
#voice-txt- Use this channel to post links and/or talk text to the voice channel(s).
🔊voice-wiki- Like wiki channels, but for voice.
#general, but for voice.
🔒events- Used for any wiki-hosted events.
🔊<misc>- Miscellaneous channel; name is subject to frequent change.
afk- You are automatically moved here after 15 minutes of inactivity. No one can talk. You can move yourself out when you're active again.
- Archives (category is hidden by default)
Users wishing to access the archives section should self-enroll in the
#archives user group.
#archive-necromancy- A channel used to discuss everything about the new Necromancy skill release.
#oswf-rs- A channel used to discuss the One Small Wiki Favour project on the RuneScape Wiki. This channel is brought out of the archive when there is active OSWF tasks.
#oswf-osrs- A channel used to discuss the One Small Wiki Favour project on the Old School RuneScape Wiki. This channel is brought out of the archive when there is active OSWF tasks.
#archive-joysphere- Open forum for discussion of Weird Gloop's newest game publishing venture, JoySphere!
#archive-pvm-strategies- For discussing Isobel's PvM strategy improvement project.
#archive-osrs-pvp- Previously used to discuss the Old School PvP project.
#archive-linguists- Previously used to discuss the linguists project.
#archive-runefest- A channel used to discuss RuneFest related conversations. This channel is brought out of the archive around each RuneFest.
#archive-events- Previously used to discuss in-game events held by the RuneScape Wiki Events Team.
#archive-mobile- Previously used to discuss RuneScape Mobile and Old School RuneScape Mobile.
#archive-ology- Previously used to discuss Archaeology on its release.
#archive-fork-discussion- Previously used to discuss the fork from Wikia.
#archive-mining-and-smithing- A project channel previously used to discuss RuneScape's Mining and Smithing rework.
#archive-wiki-integrations- A project channel previously used to discuss technology regarding wiki integrations, such as with Application programming interfaces.
#archive-dark-mode- A project channel previously used to discuss the RuneScape Wiki's dark mode feature.
#archive-mobile-wiki- A project channel previously used to discuss browsing the RuneScape Wiki on a mobile device.
#archive-music- An off-topic channel previously used to share music.
#archive-twisted-league- Previously used to discuss the first Old School RuneScape League: Twisted.
#archive-terrible-ideas- A channel previously used to suggest terrible ideas.
#archive-trailblazer- Previously used to discuss the second Old School RuneScape League: Trailblazer.
#archive-shatners-relic-league- Previously used to discuss the third Old School RuneScape League: Shattered Relics.
#osrs-blog-archiving- Previously used to discuss the archiving of Old School blogs.
Much like channels, roles may be renamed on the fly. Currently, they are generally given out ad hoc, so if you feel you need one, talk to one of the
@rs wiki bureaucrats/
@osrs wiki bureaucrats or
@rs wiki admins/
@osrs wiki admins.
Two-factor authentication can be used on Discord. It is required to be enabled on your account to use most permissions of
@rs wiki bureaucrats/
@osrs wiki bureaucrats and
@rs wiki admins/
@osrs wiki admins, though it is recommended that everyone enable it.
@server techs- Given to system administrators in case of any server-related issues. Can be @-mentioned.
@rs wiki bureaucrats- Claimable by RuneScape Wiki bureaucrats. Can manage channels. Can be @-mentioned.
@osrs wiki bureaucrats- Claimable by Old School RuneScape Wiki bureaucrats. Can manage channels. Can be @-mentioned.
@rs wiki admins- Can manage users and permissions. Claimable by RuneScape Wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@osrs wiki admins- Can manage users and permissions. Claimable by Old School Wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@pt-br wiki admins- Can manage the
#wiki-pt-brchannel. Claimable by Brazilian Portuguese wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@rsc wiki admins- Claimable by RuneScape Classic Wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@meta admins- Claimable by Meta Wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@board- Officially elected Weird Gloop board members. Can be @-mentioned.
@jagex- Verified Jagex moderators. If you are a Jagex moderator and join our server, let an admin know and they can sort out verification.
@rsw cc mod- Claimable by moderators of the official RuneScape Wiki clan chat.
@osrsw cc mod- Claimable by moderators of the official OldSchool RuneScape Wiki clan chat.
@oswf-rs-helper- Given to helpers of the RuneScape Wiki One Small Wiki Favour project.
@oswf-os-helper- Given to helpers of the Old School RuneScape Wiki's One Small Wiki Favour project.
@supporter- Given to users who have donated to the patreon.
@extreme vip- Given to the first editor who visited Weird Gloop headquarters.
@wiki pals- Given to those that have linked their wiki account to their Discord account.
@nitro booster- Users who boost the server with Discord Nitro will be granted this role the duration of the boost.
@social curator- Given to users that help keep the RuneScape Wiki social feed updated.
@pt-br editors- Given to editors of the PT-BR Wiki. Can be @-mentioned.
@api-admin- Given to users overseeing the API-related channels.
@api-consumers- Given to any users upon request. Used for API-related discussion.
@notifs-events- Given to any users upon request. Used for sending notifications related to events team.
@archive-reader- Given to any users upon request. Used for accessing certain archives.
@offtopic- Given to any users upon request. Grants access to all off-topic channels.
@acnh nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for Animal Crossing: New Horizons related discussion or news. Can be @-mentioned.
@league nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for League of Legends related discussion or news. Can be @-mentioned.
@pogo nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for Pokémon Go related discussion or news. Can be @-mentioned.
@poke nerds- Given to any users upon requests. Used for Pokémon related discussion or news. Not used for Pokémon Go. Can be @-mentioned.
@mungus nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for Among Us related discussion. Can be @-mentioned.
@meeeeow- Given to any users upon request. Used for cat pictures. Can be @-mentioned.
@wooooof- Given to any users upon request. Used for dog pictures. Can be @-mentioned.
@skribbl- Given to any users upon request. Used for when a skribbl.io game is organised. Can be @-mentioned.
@cryptic crossnerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for participating in solving cryptic crosswords. Can be @-mentioned.
@melvor nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for those who play Melvor. Can be @-mentioned.
@mush-homies- Given to any users upon request. Used for mushroom pictures and mushroom-related discussions. Can be @-mentioned.
@LEGO nerd- Given to any users upon request. Used for LEGO related discussions. Can be @-mentioned.
@kirbsters- Given to any users upon request. Used for Kirby related discussions. Can be @-mentioned.
@everyone- All users connected to the server. Can only be @-mentioned by bureaucrats.
@joined- All users connected to the server, role provided by Dyno.
@GloopyBot#5242- Link to the Wiki with ease using markup. Type
g!helpfor a list of commands. Ran by InvalidCards. Basic usage: type
[[Page to link to]]to link to a wiki page (default wiki based on channel).
@Gaz Bot#8687- Allows for users to view the status of Grand Exchange price updater bot (rsw:User:Gaz GEBot) on Discord for either games. Announces when an update starts and finishes in the relevant wiki channel. See
#botsfor more information (
~statuscan also be used in wiki channels). Ran by Gaz Lloyd.
@Dyno#3861- Server management bot.
RuneScape Wikiis a webhook bot which feeds Special:RecentChanges into the
#recent-changes-rschannel for easy monitoring. Ran by JaydenKieran.
Old School RuneScape Wikiis the same as above, but for Old School RuneScape Wiki and into
RSC Wikiis a webhook bot for doing the above, but for the RuneScape Classic wiki and into
RuneScape Wiki but in pt-bris a webhook bot for doing the above, but for the Brazilian Portuguese RuneScape Wiki and into
Meta Wikiis a webhook bot for doing the above, but for the Meta wiki and into
#reddit-rschannel. Also a webhook bot and not a user. Both reddit bots are run by JaydenKieran.
reddit-osrsworks the same as
reddit-rsbut for Old School RuneScape's designated subreddit and into
The RuneScape Wiki server is happy to accommodate non-English RuneScape Wikis by providing a
#wiki and recent changes channel (and access to easier collaboration/coding help/etc with English RuneScape Wiki editors, if needed). If you are an administrator of another language RuneScape Wiki and want to branch off of this server instead of (or in addition to) creating your own, please contact one of the
@rs wiki bureaucrats or
@rs wiki admins.
Currently, only the Brazilian Portuguese Wiki has done so.
Both the Old School and RuneScape wikis have started programs to affiliate with topical Discord servers in order to improve and update content. Learn more about the affiliates or how to become affiliated on these pages: Old School or RuneScape.
Supported operating systems
|Windows||Windows 7 SP1&2, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11|
|macOS||OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.14 Mojave|
|Android||Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop), Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), Android 7.0/7.1 (Nougat), Android 8.0 (Oreo)|
|iOS||iOS 11, iOS 12, iOS 13, iOS 14, iOS 15|
|Linux OS||Arch Linux, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, OpenEmbedded/Yocto, openSUSE, OpenWrt, Ubuntu|
|Browser||Google Chrome-, Firefox-, and Opera-based browsers, Edge 17+, Safari 11+|