Discord is a free text, voice, and video chat medium. The application can be used from within the web browser or downloaded, with the link for both being on the homepage of its website: discordapp.com. It is available for several operating systems, and can be accessed via a web-app on certain browsers, which can be seen in the table below.
To receive an invite to The RuneScape Wikis discord, simply follow this link: discord.gg/runescapewiki.
The server is open to all, and it can be used to discuss the game, the wiki, or anything else. We're a laid-back community that tries not to take ourselves or anything too seriously, so come hang out with us!
- Discussion of activities that break the Rules of RuneScape/Code of Conduct is not permitted.
- Relevant wiki policies apply, such as:
- User treatment policy (UTP): be nice
- Don't feed the trolls (DFTT/TROLL)
- Gaming the system (GAME/GTS): don't play rules against each other to circumvent the spirit of them
- Status and opinion-weight (STATUS): your role or wiki status doesn't make your opinions any more or less valid
- Use common sense (UCS)
- All players who are using the chat are to be treated fairly and equally and are expected to abide by the chat rules, regardless of their role or status on the wiki.
- Profanity is allowed in the chat; however, use of derogatory or discriminatory language and use of profanity in personal attacks targeted at other chat users is not acceptable. Additionally, you may be asked to stop if your use of profanity is excessive.
- No spamming or advertising.
- Players should keep conversations mature and cool-headed. Please be respectful of others when discussing controversial topics such as politics and religion and remember that the chat is made up of people from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Please keep discussion on topic for the channel that you are using. There is a list of channels and their usage below.
- If another user asks you to stop a discussion – e.g., because it is becoming offensive/inflammatory or making them uncomfortable – then please do so. Players may @ admin(s) or contact an admin via DM to ask them to intervene if they are uncomfortable with a discussion that is taking place in the chat.
Dealing with rule breakers
- Users who break the rules may be given one or more warnings at the discretion of an admin.
- Offending users may have their roles removed (if they have any), their ability to use text and/or voice chat in any/all channels removed, or may outright banned from the server temporarily or permanently, at the discretion of the administrators.
- More serious breaches of the rules or ignoring warnings may result in a user being kicked or banned from the chat.
- If you believe a user has behaved inappropriately without being punished, contact a clan admin, providing links to or screenshots of incidents if possible.
- Players who are banned are unable to rejoin the server. See here for a list of users who are currently banned from Discord.
- If you are currently banned and wish to appeal your ban, please see the instructions here.
Our Discord server supports linking your discord account to your wiki account. This confers several benefits:
- You are given the
@linked wiki accountrole, which is coloured and displayed above non-linked accounts.
- You have access to the
- You are more easily notified of wiki-related goings-on.
Account linking is facilitated by
@Gaz Bot#8687, a bot run by
@Gaz#7521 (Gaz Lloyd). If you have any issues, feedback, or requests, please contact him.
Before beginning the process, make sure that:
- You are in the wiki's discord server
- You have an account on the wiki
- You can accept direct messages
- Unfortunately, bots cannot accept friendship requests, so you will have to at least set "Allow direct messages from server members" to on. You can turn it back off once the linking process is completed.
- Begin the linking process by either:
- Using the `~link` command in a channel the bot can see (
- Clicking the appropriate reaction in
- Using the `~link` command in a channel the bot can see (
- The bot will DM you with a code.
- This code is 6 words randomly chosen from a list (plus the word
DiscordAccountLinking) and is unique to you.
- Don't share your code before the link process is complete.
- This code is 6 words randomly chosen from a list (plus the word
- Edit your userpage on any of the Weird Gloop wikis, putting that code in the edit summary (exactly).
- Make sure that your edit actually triggers an entry in history/RecentChanges - making no changes and saving (a null edit) does not work. Adding a single linebreak or space somewhere in the middle of the page works.
- If you don't have a userpage, creating it will work.
- You can make the edit on any Weird Gloop wiki: RSW - OSRSW - RSCW - RSW-PT-BR - Meta
- Once the edit is complete, the bot will pick it up and verify your code. If done correctly, it will grant you the role and let you know it was successful.
- Account linking is 1:1. Each wiki account can be linked to one Discord ID, and each Discord ID can be linked to one wiki account.
- If you wish to unlink your account, change which account is linked, or otherwise want to undo the process, please contact Gaz. There are no commands to do this.
- If you link accounts, then leave the server (or otherwise lose the role), you can use the
~claimlinkrolecommand to have the role re-added to your account.
Channels may be renamed, added, or removed at any time. This list is accurate as of 2 May 2021 (UTC).
#welcome- Everyone that uses the invitation link above arrives here. Rules, clan and wikian title information are posted here, and only administrators can post. Players can also react to the message with the ring of kinship emote to grant the "notifs-events" role. This will grant notifications of upcoming Events Team events.
#announcements- Any important announcements related to one or all wikis are posted here. This is an Announcement Channel that you can easily add as a webhook to other servers, if you wish.
#general- Open forum for any type of discussion.
#rs- Open forum for discussion related to RuneScape.
#osrs- Open forum for discussion related to Old School RuneScape.
#🔓wiki-lounge- Channel open to folks that have linked their Wiki account to their Discord.
#wiki-rs- This channel serves as a hub to discuss changes to The RuneScape Wiki, especially the latest game update and documenting it.
#wiki-osrs- As above for the Old School RuneScape Wiki.
#wiki-pt-br- As above for the Brazilian-Portuguese RuneScape Wiki.
#wiki-rsc- As above for the RuneScape Classic Wiki.
#meta-discussion- Open forum for discussion related to meta topics, such as policies and threads.
#wiki-tech- Open forum for discussion related to anything back end related, such as calculators, lua, SMW, DPL, JS, CSS, etc.
#oswf-rs- Open forum for discussion of anything related to the RuneScape One Small Wiki Favour project.
#oswf-osrs- Open forum for discussion of anything related to the Old School RuneScape wiki One Small Wiki Favour project.
#drop-logs- Open forum for discussion on Cook Me Plox's RuneMetrics project.
#cartographers- Open forum for discussion of Cook Me Plox's interactive map and path-finding project.
#update-history- Open forum for discussion of the update history project.
#osrs-blog-archiving- Open forum for discussion on the archival project for Old School RuneScape's development blogs.
#osrs-pvp- Open forum for discussion of the Old School RuneScape wiki's PvP project.
#linguists- Open forum for discussion of Aikhana's pronunciation project.
#glooptools- For discussing and managing the wiki's social feed. See pins for more info.
#recent-changes-rs- RuneScape Wiki bot reports RuneScape Wiki Recent Changes here.
#recent-changes-osrs- Old School RuneScape Wiki bot reports Old School RuneScape Wiki Recent Changes here.
#recent-changes-rsc- RSC Wiki bot reports RuneScape Classic Wiki Recent Changes here.
#recent-changes-pt-br- RuneScape Wiki but in pt-br bot reports Brazilian-Portuguese Wiki Recent Changes here.
#recent-changes-meta- Meta Wiki bot reports Meta Wiki (this wiki) Recent Changes here.
#reddit-rs- reddit-rs automatically posts Reddit posts from r/runescape that contain mentions of the wiki.
#reddit-osrs- reddit-osrs automatically posts Reddit posts from r/2007scape that contain mentions of the wiki.
#bots- This channel is the only channel where RuneInfo and most other bots can speak. See section below for more.
- Off-topic (category is hidden by default)
#⚠️offtopic-general- A channel for discussing just about anything. NSFW only for more sensitive discussions.
#pets- Photos and discussion of pets and other animals.
#games- A place to talk about games outside of RuneScape.
#food- Photos and discussion of food and drink.
#nature- Photos and discussion of the great outdoors.
#⚠️memes- Channel is subject to constant name-changing.
#voice-txt- Use this channel to post links and/or talk text to the voice channel(s).
#generalbut for voice.
events- Used for any wiki-hosted events.
afk- You are automatically moved here after 15 minutes of inactivity. No one can talk. You can move yourself out when you're active again.
#archive-runefest- A channel used to discuss RuneFest related conversations. This channel is brought out of the archive around each RuneFest.
#archive-events- Previously used to discuss in-game events held by the RuneScape Wiki Events Team.
#archive-mobile- Previously used to discuss RuneScape Mobile and Old School RuneScape Mobile.
#archive-ology- Previously used to discuss Archaeology on its release.
#archive-fork-discussion- Previously used to discuss the fork from Wikia.
#archive-mining-and-smithing- A project channel previously used to discuss RuneScape's Mining and Smithing rework.
#archive-wiki-integrations- A project channel previously used to discuss technology regarding wiki integrations, such as with Application programming interfaces.
#archive-dark-mode- A project channel previously used to discuss the RuneScape Wiki's dark mode feature.
#archive-mobile-wiki- A project channel previously used to discuss browsing the RuneScape Wiki on a mobile device.
#archive-music- An off-topic channel previously used to share music.
#archive-twisted-league- Previously used to discuss the gameplay and editing around Old School RuneScape's Twisted League.
#archive-terrible-ideas- A channel previously used to suggest terrible ideas.
#archive-trailblazer- Previously used to discuss the current Old School RuneScape Leagues: Trailblazer.
Much like channels, roles may be renamed on the fly. Currently, they are generally given out ad hoc, so if you feel you need one, talk to one of the
@rs wiki bureaucrats/@osrs wiki bureaucrats or
@rs wiki admins/@osrs wiki admins.
Two-factor authentication can be used on Discord. It is required to be enabled on your account to use most permissions of
@rs wiki bureaucrats/@osrs wiki bureaucrats and
@rs wiki admins/@osrs wiki admins, though it is recommended that everyone enable it.
@rs wiki bureaucrats- Claimable by RuneScape Wiki bureaucrats. Can manage channels. Can be @-mentioned.
@osrs wiki bureaucrats- Claimable by Old School RuneScape Wiki bureaucrats. Can manage channels. Can be @-mentioned.
@rs wiki admins- Can manage users and permissions. Claimable by RuneScape Wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@osrs wiki admins- Can manage users and permissions. Claimable by Old School Wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@pt-br wiki admins- Can manage the
#wiki-pt-brchannel. Claimable by Brazilian-Portuguese wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@rsc wiki admins- Claimable by RuneScape Classic Wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@meta admins- Claimable by Meta Wiki administrators. Can be @-mentioned.
@server techs- Given to system administrators in case of any server-related issues. Can be @-mentioned.
@events team- Can manage the
#wiki-eventschannel. Claimable by Events Team members. Can be @-mentioned.
@jagex- Verified Jagex moderators. If you are a Jagex moderator and join our server, let an admin know and they can sort out verification.
@board- Officially elected Weird Gloop board members. Can be @-mentioned.
@social curator- Given to users that help keep the RuneScape Wiki social feed updated.
@oswf helper- Given to helpers of the RuneScape Wiki and Old School RuneScape Wiki's One Small Wiki Favour project.
@pt-br editors- Given to editors of the PT-BR Wiki. Can be @-mentioned.
@acnh nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for Animal Crossing: New Horizons related discussion or news. Can be @-mentioned.
@league nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for League of Legends related discussion or news. Can be @-mentioned.
@pogo nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for Pokémon Go related discussion or news. Can be @-mentioned.
@mungus nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for Among Us related discussion. Can be @-mentioned.
@meeeeow- Given to any users upon request. Used for cat pictures. Can be @-mentioned.
@wooooof- Given to any users upon request. Used for dog pictures. Can be @-mentioned.
@skribbl- Given to any users upon request. Used for when a skribbl.io game is organised. Can be @-mentioned.
@cryptic crossnerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for participating in solving cryptic crosswords. Can be @-mentioned.
@melvor nerds- Given to any users upon request. Used for those who play Melvor. Can be @-mentioned.
@mush-homies- Given to any users upon request. Used for mushroom pictures and mushroom-related discussions. Can be @-mentioned.
@everyone- All users connected to the server. Can only be @-mentioned by bureaucrats.
@linked wiki account- Folks that have linked their Wiki account to their Discord account.
@joined- All users connected to the server, role provided by Dyno.
@RuneInfo#5879- Provides various RuneScape related commands. Use !help for info. Ran by AoDude#8676. May only speak in the designated #bots channel.
@GloopyBot#5242- Link to the wiki with ease using markup. Type g!help for a list of commands. Ran by ThePsionic. Basic usage: type
[[Page to link too]]to link to a wiki page (default wiki based on channel).
@Gaz Bot#8687- Allows for users to view the status of Grand Exchange price updater bot (rsw:User:Gaz GEBot) on Discord for either games. Announces when an update starts and finishes in the relevant wiki channel. See ~help in #bots for more information (~status can also be used in wiki channels). Ran by Gaz Lloyd.
@SuityBot#6298- Allows for users to check street prices for popular items by viewing player-added trades. Ran by Suity. May only speak in the designated #bots channel.
@Dyno#3861- Server management bot.
RuneScape Wikiis a webhook bot which feeds Special:RecentChanges into the #recent-changes-rs channel for easy monitoring. Ran by JaydenKieran.
Old School RuneScape Wikiis the same as above, but for Old School RuneScape Wiki and into #recent-changes-osrs.
RSC Wikiis a webhook bot for doing the above, but for the RuneScape Classic wiki and into #recent-changes-rsc.
RuneScape Wiki but in pt-bris a webhook bot for doing the above, but for the Brazilian-Portuguese RuneScape wiki and into #recent-changes-pt-br.
Meta Wikiis a webhook bot for doing the above, but for the Meta wiki and into #recent-changes-wiki.
reddit-rspowers the #reddit-rs channel. Also a webhook bot and not a user. Both reddit bots are run by JaydenKieran.
reddit-osrsworks the same as
reddit-rsbut for Old School RuneScape's designated subreddit and into #reddit-osrs.
The RuneScape Wiki server is happy to accommodate non-English RuneScape Wikis by providing a
#wiki and recent changes channel (and access to easier collaboration/coding help/etc with English RuneScape Wiki editors, if needed). If you are an administrator of another language RuneScape Wiki and want to branch off of this server instead of (or in addition to) creating your own, please contact one of the
@rs wiki bureaucrats or
@rs wiki admins.
Currently, the Brazilian-Portuguese has done so.
Both the Old School and RuneScape wikis have started programs to affiliate with topical Discord servers in order to improve and update content. Learn more about the affiliates or how to become affiliated on these pages: Old School or RuneScape.
Supported operating systems
|Windows||Windows 7 SP1&2, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10|
|macOS||OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.14 Mojave|
|Android||Android 4.1 (Jellybean), Android 4.4/4.5 (KitKat), Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop), Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), Android 7.0/7.1 (Nougat), Android 8.0 (Oreo)|
|iOS||iOS 8.1, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12|
|Linux OS||Arch Linux, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, OpenEmbedded/Yocto, openSUSE, OpenWrt, Ubuntu|
|Browser||Google Chrome-, Firefox-, and Opera-based browsers, Edge 17+|